At Silk Vision, we pride ourselves on providing services that have the capacity to positively transform the lives of our patients. Oculofacial plastic surgery may sound complicated, but it can be simple in its stunning ability to impact our patients’ quality of life. The category spans a wide variety of treatments that can fulfill many different needs and desires. An oculofacial plastic surgeon differs from a general plastic surgeon in that we are board-certified ophthalmologists who then complete advanced training in eyelid, orbit, tear duct system and facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
What falls under the label of “oculofacial plastic surgery”?
Oculofacial plastic surgery focuses on restoration efforts across the face, especially around the eyes, eyelids and eyebrows. The surgery can be either aesthetic or reconstructive. The variety of treatments that we offer at Silk Vision span both these categories. Despite the many stigmas surrounding cosmetic surgery, it is important to recognize that regardless of their intentions, many of these procedures can be medically necessary and have the potential to reduce or eliminate suffering.
Our medical and surgical treatments could help patients return to or achieve a better life through their transformative powers. If there is something you wish you could change about your face, it is possible that oculofacial plastic surgery is an excellent option for you to realize your goals!
Some of the oculofacial plastic surgery options that Silk Vision offers include:
- Measures against aging: upper and or lower eyelid blepharoplasty surgery to correct eyelid sagging and puffiness, neurotoxin injections, such as Botox, Xeomin or Dysport to smooth out wrinkles, and dermal fillers to restore youthfulness to your face.
- Treatment for eyelid or facial spasms.
- Eyelid and facial reconstruction after Mohs surgery (skin cancer removal).
- Correction of eyelid abnormalities including drooping eyelids (ptosis), eyelid turning in or out (entropion/ectropion), lesions or growths on the eyelids.
- Management of orbital disorders such as inflammation, tumors or thyroid eye disease.
- Treatment following trauma that may require repair of fractures surrounding the eye, eyelid or tear drain injuries.
- Removal of blind painful eyes (enucleation or evisceration).
I think oculofacial plastic surgery might be right for me. Where can I get these treatments?
Silk Vision is uniquely equipped to provide our Northern Virginia patients with the best oculofacial plastic surgery care possible. Our team member Dr. Lamise Rajjoub is a Board Certified ophthalmologist who specializes in both aesthetic and reconstructive oculofacial plastic surgery. She can work closely with you to provide care that has the potential to improve your quality of life.
If you think that oculofacial plastic surgery might be right for you, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (703) 876-9700 or schedule an appointment online today! We are more than happy to discuss your options and determine the right treatment plan for you.