To protect the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff, Silk Vision is implementing some enhanced safety standards in our offices, common areas, and patient exam rooms. We closely monitor all recommendations and guidelines made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Virginia Board of Medicine. Here are some of the measures you can expect on your next visit.
- All patients will be required to wear masks while visiting our office. Fabric masks are acceptable, and we are able to provide you one for $1.00 if you do not own a mask.
- All patients and authorized companions will have their temperatures checked upon arrival.
- Please do not bring anyone else with you to your appointment. If the patient is a child, one guardian will be allowed. For all adults that require assistance with mobility or communication, one companion will be allowed. Please notify the office in advance.
- We will be limiting the number of patients allowed in the waiting room. We are asking all patients to download “myPatientVisit” (Apple) (Google Play) on their smart phones to check in with our office. We will be collecting copays over the phone upon your arrival. All patients are to wait in their cars until they are instructed to come inside.
- All forms must be completed prior to your appointment online through our portal. Paper will not be an option. If you are unable to complete your forms, your appointment will be canceled and subject to a $50 no-show fee. You can access the portal through this link and you will need a security code that can be emailed to you upon request.
- We will be calling all patients 2-3 days prior to their appointments to verify/obtain insurance information, to pre-screen for potential COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms, to obtain history of present illness, and update medical histories and mediations/allergies prior to your appointment.
- All appointments will be performed in a way to minimize contact between persons to help prevent the spread of the virus. In order to do this, we kindly ask you to ask/answer questions as concisely as possible to keep talking to a minimum. The doctor will do the same. We will call you before and after your visit for extended discussion and questions, if needed.
- All waiting areas, exam rooms, and testing rooms will be thoroughly cleaned after each patient.
Thank you for trusting Silk Vision with your total eye care needs. We look forward to seeing you soon.