Are you a good candidate for Visian ICL?
- Are between 21 and 45 years old.
- Are nearsighted with mild to severe myopia (-3D to -20D).
- Have not had a change in prescription of more than .5D in a year.
- Are looking for a procedure that doesn’t create dry eye syndrome.
If that sounds like you, get in touch with Dr. Silk to discuss the Visian ICL procedure and to see if it’s right for your eyes.
With an Implantable Collamer® Lens, your eye is still your eye.
Unlike other procedures, Visian ICL is an additive procedure that doesn't require removing corneal tissue or removing your natural lens. Similar to adding a lens to a camera, Visian ICL works with the natural parts of your eye to improve your vision so you can see the world.
Collamer® is biocompatible, stable, and flexible, enabling minimally-invasive insertion and encouraging harmony with your natural eye. Explore these other benefits of Visian ICL.
Soft & Pliable
ICLs are easy to implant in the eye. You won’t even know it’s there other than the fact that you have great vision.
Achieve Excellent Night Vision
Experience more of what life has to offer every single minute of your day and night without compromising your night vision.
Wide Range of Treatment
Contact lenses and glasses can be a hassle and limiting. Visian ICL can treat a wide range of prescriptions, from -3 to -20 diopters.
Visian ICLs are removable, providing you with both flexibility and peace of mind.
The procedure only takes 30 minutes.
The Visian ICL procedure is minimally invasive and the lens is implanted through a small opening, allowing for a quick procedure and recovery time. The painless same-day surgery is typically completed in 20 to 30 minutes. Let’s take a look at the Visian ICL procedure.
- Pre-Op Eye Exam At our center we will do everything we can to ensure you have a great come and seeing as well as possible. 98% of our patients achieve 20/20 vision or better which is far above the national average.
- Getting Your ICLs When you arrive for your procedure, Dr. Silk will administer eye drops to dilate your pupils as well as anesthetize your eyes.
- Small Opening To prepare for the implant, we’ll then create one small opening at the base of your cornea to insert the Visian lens. The procedure is painless because of the numbing medication.
- Lens Insertion & Positioning The Visian ICL lens then can be folded and inserted through the small incision. Once the lens is inserted, Dr. Silk will make any necessary adjustments to ensure proper positioning in the eye.
- Returning Home At this point, the procedure is over and many patients will have improved vision nearly immediately. Dr. Silk may prescribe more eye drops intended to aid in the healing process following the procedure. You will need someone to drive you home. We’ll let you know when your vision allows driving.
It’s that easy! Have questions for the doctor?
How does ICL differ from LASIK?
Unlike some LASIK treatments, Visian ICL does not remove corneal tissue and does not contribute to dry eye syndrome, making it a preferred option for some patients.
How much does the Visian ICL procedure cost? Is it more expensive than LASIK?
Visian ICL and LASIK costs vary depending on various factors. Upon consultation with Dr. Silk and reviewing your unique eye health, we will provide you with your specific cost, financing options, and payment plans, if available.
On average, contact lenses cost $12,000 over a lifetime.* Your personal cost will vary. Because Visian ICL is a long term solution, your procedure costs are generally fixed to a one-time fee. When you compare with the long-term costs of contact lenses, Visian ICL typically pays for itself.
*Popular daily disposable contacts, on average, cost about $600 a year.
So over 20 years, a patient will spend $12,000 on contact lenses.